Saturday, July 14, 2012

Abandon by Meg Cabot


So, I love to read. I mostly read young adult, and recently I read Abandon by Meg Cabot and loved it. I have not read anything by Meg Cabot since I was in high school and I read the Princess Diaries, but when I saw this book I knew I would have to read it.

This book is exactly as the book flap says, "The Myth of Persephone...Darkly Reimagined". I don't know about anyone else but I enjoyed learning about the Greek gods in high school, it was interesting to learn about how other cultures explained different things. For example the story of Persephone, her story explained why the seasons changed. For more detail about Persephone's story check out what Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persephone) says about the Abduction Myth. Meg Cabot takes this myth and applies it to the modern world. The book is about a young girl named Pierce (Persephone) who has died and been brought back to life. However, as she tries to return to her normal life things continually go wrong and John Hayden (Hades) keeps popping into her life. I don't know if you can see it in the picture above but the cover of the book says "She knows what it's like to die" and then on the back "Now death wants her back." Tell me that does not get your attention. I know that it got mine. This is the first book in a trilogy and I just ordered the second one Underworld from Amazon it should be here today or Monday. The third Awaken comes out spring 2013.

So let me know if you read this book and tell me what you think about it.

Enjoy,
Tabitha


No comments:

Post a Comment