Sunday, July 29, 2012

Step Up Revolution (PG-13)



I know what most people are thinking when it comes to another Step Up movie, but let me tell you what, this is by far and away the best one yet.

So this weekend my two best friends and I had a mini BFF night out.  Ashton and I wanted to see the new Step Up movie and we were able to talk Dennys into going with us.  We had so MUCH fun, and the movie was different than the ones before it.  Yes it was still about dancers/dance crew and there was the classic oh no this happened how are we going to fix it situation.  But, wow really great movie.  There were a few main characters, but the main couple in the movie was Ryan Guzman and Kathryn McCormick.  They did a phenomenal job with the different dance sequences and they were a really cute couple. 

The movie is about this dance crew called The Mob and they do kind of a flash mob thing.  The opening dance mob with the cars was crazy amazing, you can see a good piece of it in the trailer.  Then Emily (Kathryn McCormick) comes and joins The Mob and the characters find out that their small part of Miami Beach is going to be torn down and a new hotel is going up.  So they start to use The Mob as a way of protest art, super cool.  I won't tell you any more about the details you will just have to go see this movie for yourself.  :)

However, I will tell you my two favorite parts, the first was in an art museum where they made the art come to life (this was really one of the coolest things I have ever seen in my life).  My second favorite part was the end dance mob, where yes Moose is back, (the only thing I can complain about is that he was only in the movie of a few mins.).  But anyways, the reason that the second dance mob was one of my favorite parts was because they show these guys jumping off container crates onto a trampoline and doing stunts/tricks.  Well, I had to look into that and I found a cool article on the New York Times web site called, Defying Gravity With Creativity written by Erik Olsen.  There is a video with the article that shows and tells you about this new up and coming sport called wall trampoline, it's amazing check it out and you will see why I liked this part of the movie so much.



5 out of 5 Stars (should give it a 10)
Good Date Movie
WANT to see it again, can't wait for DVD

Enjoy,
Tabitha
*movie poster from IMDb
**video from youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment