Monday, August 20, 2012

Snickerdoodle Cookies





This past weekend I wanted to take something special to a class that I have been attending.  I decided that I would take my Great Aunt Carol's Snickerdoodle Cookies.  I don't know where she got the recipe but I have been making these cookies for as long as I have known how to bake, my mom calls these one of my specialties.  Snickerdoodles are a favorite in my house and as soon as I bake them they seem to be gone.  They were a great hit at the class, everyone enjoyed them.  Here is the recipe, I hope that you like them as much as my family and friends do.

Great Aunt Carol's
Snickerdoodle Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup margarine softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

*you will also need some cinnamon sugar, about a half cup sugar and about a half teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl you can eye ball this

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix shortening, margarine, sugar and eggs until combined.
Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt until combined
Roll into 1 in balls and then coat in cinnamon sugar.  Bake 8 to 10 minutes.

Enjoy,
Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment